A lot has happened since my last post:
- My birthday in early February (that’s right ladies, I am an Aquarius: the best sign). I got lots of birthday texts and calls. Had dinner with the whole family, but the highlight of the day was when I arrived at dinner and Sampson’s face lit up when he saw me and he reached out for me to pick him up.
- The day after was my combined housewarming/birthday party. About 30-40 people rocked up. It was fun. You know you are getting older when you have to keep your bedroom door closed, not because you are in there with a girl, but because a baby is asleep.
- The day after I flew down to Melbourne to help Rek celebrate her birthday. She got us a room in a nice hotel in St Kilda and we had fun seeing the town for a few days. Rock and Cecily Solid joined us for a special surprise.
- The Good Vibrations festival was on the 17th. Good fun, yet still the least fun party of the season. It was too packed and the music was not dancey enough.
- Went to Gomez & Gomez restaurant in Newtown with Rek. Woke up with a stomach ache due to beans. The food was delicious and, despite the pain, I recommend it.
- Rek’s birthday dinner was at Be Mine, a Cajun restaurant on Bourke St, Surry Hills, about a block from Kinselas. The jambalaya was delicious and the food was far beyond our capacity to eat. I cooked Jambalaya for dinner on the following Monday.
- I am still recovering from Chris’ Bucks’ party weekend. We had coffee and cake and watched The Sound Of Music before going to church.